Terms & Privacy
This privacy notice explains how Amariz Limited deals with the personal information we need to collect and use in order to provide our services. In doing this we act as a Data Controller. Our contact details are: Amariz Limited, Imperial House, 1 Harley Place, Bristol, BS8 3JT, UK. Telephone: 0117 974 5770. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We consider the lawful and correct treatment of personal information as being very important to our relationship with our customers. Any information provided to Amariz Limited will be dealt with in accordance with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We respect an individual’s right to privacy and handle all information with appropriate confidentiality.
What personal information do we hold?
We may receive the following personal information about you when you contact Amariz Limited, for example by doing any of the following:
|Requesting a quote||Name, address, telephone number, email address, date of birth or age|
|Purchasing a policy||Name, address, telephone number, email address, occupation, date of birth, sex, height and weight, blood pressure, tobacco use, medical history, bank details|
|Making a claim||Name, address, type of treatment, medical condition and date of first diagnosis, bank details|
|Making a complaint||Name, address, email address|
As well as basic personal information such as your name and contact details, we may process sensitive personal information such as information relating to your health. We will always be clear to explain when and why we need this information and the purposes for which we will use it and will obtain your explicit consent to use sensitive personal information. For example, in order to process an application for insurance, we will need details of your medical history to determine your conditions of acceptance and, in the event of a claim, we will ask you for the nature of the illness and the date of first diagnosis in order to assess whether your treatment is covered by your policy. If you provide sensitive personal information about another person (for example a family member), we will ask you to confirm on their behalf that they have provided their consent to the processing of their information.
In order to provide insurance cover and deal with insurance claims, we therefore need to process sensitive personal information. Your consent is necessary and you may withdraw your consent to such processing at any time. However, if your withdraw your consent this will impact on our ability to provide insurance or pay claims.
What do we do with the information we gather?
We will use and share certain personal data for the performance of the contract or to take steps prior to entering into the contract of insurance. The following processing activities are used for this legal purpose:
- providing a quotation,
- underwriting and providing terms for a policy,
- administrating a policy including premium payments,
- handling a claim including prevention of fraud,
- handling a third party claim,
- handling a complaint.
Who will your personal information be shared with?
Your personal information may be shared with the following parties:
- Your insurance broker or intermediary (if any),
- Medical professionals, for example in the event of a request for direct settlement of your hospitalisation expenses or the payment of a bill from a pharmacy.
Your sensitive personal information may be shared with the following parties:
- The Insurer’s consulting doctor if we need more information on a particular medical condition in order to process your application for insurance or pay a claim,
- A broker situated outside the European Economic Area (EEA) for the purposes of negotiating the conditions of acceptance of your insurance cover or the payment of a claim with the insurer.
Where your personal data is transferred outside the EEA, such transfers are safeguarded by strict contractual obligations with third parties to ensure that your personal information remains protected in accordance with the GDPR.
We are committed to ensuring that your personal information is treated in accordance with this privacy notice wherever it may be sent.
Where is your personal information kept?
Your personal information will be kept electronically and on paper in our office in Bristol. Paper archives are also stored off-site with a reputable document storage company.
How long will we keep your data for?
We will keep your personal data only for as long as it is required for the administration of your insurance policy, to handle claims and to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations. We will retain your personal information for a period of 10 years if you cancel your policy to assist us in assessing future applications for insurance that you may wish to make. If you contact us for a quote and do not take out a policy, your personal information shall be kept for a period of 2 years.
Security of your personal information
We are committed to ensuring that your personal information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the personal information we collect from you.
Personal information and our website
You are welcome to browse our website without providing us with personal information and we do not use ‘cookies’ to collect user information from the site.
You may choose to provide us with limited personal information (for example your name, postal address, telephone number and email address) in order to obtain further information on the services outlined in our website. We will only use the personal information you provide for the purposes of supplying the specific services you have requested. We will not disclose personal information provided via our website to any other third parties and personal information will not be used for direct marketing by Amariz Limited without your consent.
Please note that email is not a secure means of communication and we would recommend that you do not send sensitive personal information to us by this means.
Personal information that you supply voluntarily in emails may subsequently be used to administer your insurance cover, process claims and improve the service we provide.
Keeping your personal information accurate and up-to-date
To help us ensure that your personal information remains accurate and up-to-date, please inform us of any changes to the contact details you have provided.
Your rights in relation to your personal information:
You have the following rights:
- Right to be informed about what data we have collected about you,
- Right of access: to request a copy of your personal data free of charge,
- Right to rectification: have incorrect or incomplete personal data about you corrected,
- Right to erasure: to have your personal data erased (the right to be forgotten),
- Right to restriction of processing of your personal data,
- Right to withdraw consent for the processing of your personal data,
- Right to object to the processing of your personal data,
- Right to data portability, i.e. to be able to transfer your personal data to another service provider,
- Right to not be subject to automated decision-making including profiling,
- Right to remedy: to be compensated for any unauthorised collection or use of data.
Please note that withdrawing consent and requests for restriction/erasure may affect our ability to provide you with a contract of insurance or pay a claim. Some of the above rights are subject to limitations in order for us to comply with a number of legal and regulatory obligations.
From time to time, we would like to send you information on our products and services that may be of interest to you by email, but we will only do this where you have provided your consent. If you have agreed to receive marketing information by email, you may opt out at any time by contacting us by email or post. We will never share your email address with any third parties.
Contacting us regarding your personal information
If you have a query about the way we protect personal information or to exercise any of the above rights, please contact:
The Data Protection Officer, Amariz Limited, Imperial House, 1 Harley Place, Bristol, BS8 3JT. Email: email@example.com.
If you wish to make a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact our Data Protection Officer who will investigate the matter: email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to The Data Protection Officer, Amariz Limited, Imperial House, 1 Harley Place, Bristol, BS8 3JT.
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe that we are not processing your personal data in accordance with the law, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO):
Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, Tel: +44 (0)303 123 1113 +44 (0)1625 545 745, Email: email@example.com
Amariz Limited is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office as a Data Controller (Registration number Z6967521).
We keep our privacy notice under regular review and will put the most recent version on our website.
Amariz Limited’s trading address and registered office is Imperial House, 1 Harley Place, Bristol, BS8 3JT, United Kingdom. Tel. +44 (0)117 974 5770, Fax +44 (0)117 974 5780, Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Amariz Limited is registered and incorporated in England and Wales, registered no. 3711064 and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
- Unless otherwise specified, the materials on this website are directed solely at those who can access it from the United Kingdom, the European Economic Area and France’s Overseas Departments and Territories and who are resident in the same. Amariz Limited makes no representation that any information, product or service referred to in the materials on this website are appropriate for use, or available, elsewhere. Those who access this website from other locations are responsible for compliance with local laws if, and to the extent that, they are applicable.
- Unless otherwise stated, this website is for information only. Amariz Limited has used all reasonable care and skill in compiling its content but makes no warranty as to the accuracy of any information thereon and cannot accept liability for any errors or omissions.
- Amariz Limited shall not be liable to any person for any loss or damage which may arise from the use of any of the information contained in any of the materials on this website. The information contained in such materials is not intended, nor implied, to be a substitute for professional medical advice, nor is it intended to be for medical diagnosis or treatment.
- The materials appearing on this website may include material submitted by parties other than Amariz Limited and this website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. It is the responsibility of such persons to ensure such material and such websites comply will all relevant laws and regulations. To the full extent permissible by law, Amariz Limited disclaims all responsibility for any error, omission or inaccuracy in such material, or its failure to comply with the relevant laws and regulations.
- Unless otherwise indicated, the copyright and all other intellectual property rights in the materials appearing on this website are owned by Amariz Limited.
- This notice and disclaimer is governed by and construed in accordance with the Laws of England.